Tantalus Evoque Reserve 2015
- Merlot, Malbec, Cabernets
- New Zealand, 750ml
Rosewood with a vermilion hue, this sultry treasure presents great primary fruit with soft florals, pennyroyal, dried herbs and cedar. This Merlot dominant blend is full yet graceful, with wonderful palate weight, length and lithe.
- Winery: Tantalus Estate
- Varietal: Merlot, Malbec, Cabernets
- Region: Waiheke Island, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2015
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Cellaring Potential: Long term (10+ years)
- Other: Sustainable Winegrowing, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Scotch fillet with pan jus, Confit duck legs, Truffle oil pasta and mushrooms, Braised short ribs, Hard cheese
Tantalus Estate is a boutique brewery, winery, restaurant and 200-person venue in one, perfect for weddings, private events or simply to enjoy during a visit to beautiful Waiheke Island.
Nobody thought that the Tantalus Estate on Waiheke Island could be restored to its former glory, but when you’re the kind of people where determination replaces sleep like Campbell and Carrie Aitken, anything is possible! After tirelessly pruning, clipping, and ripping out the original vines, a bit of experience in tourism (and a lot of determined Kiwi ingenuity), Campbell and Carrie bought and transformed the old brewery into the estate that it is today: Proud, elegant and premium.
The Aitken’s love and understanding of people and cultures is the foundation of everything that they do at Tantalus Estate, and it shows in their winery as well as their hospitality. Their winemaking process is characterised by elegance and subtlety, constantly pursuing excellence and carefully choreographing every step of production so that each vintage is better than the last, every drop leaving an indelible impression.
- 89 points - Robert Parkers Wine Advocate Bronze Medal - London IWC
- 93 points - Cameron Douglas
- 5 Stars - Michael Cooper 2018
- Silver 90 points - Decanter Asia wine awards
- 5 Stars & 96/100 Points - Bob Campbell MW (2014 vintage)
- 5 Stars & 18.5/20 Points - Raymond Chan (2014 vintage)
- 5 Stars & 93/100 Points - Sam Kim (2014 vintage)
- 4.5 Stars - Michael Cooper (2014 vintage)
- Silver - International Wine Challenge, London (2014 vintage)
Adding product to your cart