Tantalus Voile Reserve Syrah 2016
- New Zealand, 750ml
A vibrant nose boasting black fruit aromas, spicy notes of black pepper, clove and liquorice, overlaid with scented violets. Fresh with an earthy blueberry core and very ripe tannins this wine has great structure and a fine textured palate. Lingering and sustained finish with nuances of olive, tobacco, smoke and chocolate.
- Winery: Tantalus Estate
- Varietal: Syrah, Viognier
- Region: Waiheke Island, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2016
- Alcohol: 14%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Cellaring Potential: 2019-2026
- Other: Sustainable Winegrowing, contains sulphites
- Food pairing: Beef Wellington, Duck breast in pepper sauce, Roasted quail with barley stuffing, Beef Bourguignon, Civet of Hare
A Tantalus is a small wooden cabinet that contains two or three decanters of precious wine, for which there is a lock and key.. The Tantalus prevents unauthorised people from opening the cabinet and drinking its contents, while allowing the bottles’ beauty to be on display. With a key to our Tantalus wines, one obtains access to the secrets of the treasures held within. All our reserve wines have names referring to the origins of Tantalus... To be voilé is to have used a thin piece of material to cover yourself, effectively becoming hidden from view. Unveil our “Voilé” and it will reveal a moment as unique and memorable as a happy wedding day.
Nobody thought that the Tantalus Estate on Waiheke Island could be restored to its former glory, but when you’re the kind of people where determination replaces sleep like Campbell and Carrie Aitken, anything is possible! After tirelessly pruning, clipping, and ripping out the original vines, a bit of experience in tourism (and a lot of determined Kiwi ingenuity), Campbell and Carrie bought and transformed the old brewery into the estate that it is today: Proud, elegant and premium.
The Aitken’s love and understanding of people and cultures is the foundation of everything that they do at Tantalus Estate, and it shows in their winery as well as their hospitality. Their winemaking process is characterised by elegance and subtlety, constantly pursuing excellence and carefully choreographing every step of production so that each vintage is better than the last, every drop leaving an indelible impression.
- 5 Stars & 96/100 Points - Sam Kim (2015 vintage)
- 89 points - Robert Parkers Wine Advocate (2015 vintage)
- 95 points - Cameron Douglas MS (2015 vintage)
- Bronze Medal - London IWC (2015 vintage)
- 5 Stars - Michael Cooper 2018 (2015 vintage)
- Silver & 93 points - Decanter Asia wine awards (2015 vintage)
- 5 stars (18.5+/20) - Raymond Chan (2015 vintage)
- 93 points - Bob Campbell (2015 vintage)
Adding product to your cart