The Irishman Single Malt Whiskey
- Single Malt
- Ireland, 700ml
This small batch classic Irish Malt has aromas of ripe peach, dried apricot, and tropical fruits with hints of orange blossom and vanilla fudge. On the palate there is vanilla sweetness, toasted almonds and honey, a little oak, digestive biscuits, apricots and a hint of cocoa. The finish is long with a light maltiness and sweet oak.
- Distillery: Hot Irishman
- Type: Irish Small Batch Single Malt Whiskey
- Region: Ireland
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
This Irishman Single Malt is one of only a handful of Irish triple distilled single malts on the market. This is a classic Irish Malt, triple distilled and aged in Oak Bourbon and Oloroso Sherry Casks to give exceptional flavour and complexity. Each batch is limited to a maximum of 6,000 bottles.
Bernard and Rosemary Walsh created the Hot Irishman Limited in 1999, with the desire to blend and bottle the perfect Irish Coffee recipe. Expanding upon its success, in 2005 the couple attempted to rival the big Irish cream liqueur brands by creating a recipe that brought things back to basics, with The Irishman Irish Cream liqueur, made using 100% Irish dairy cream and premium Irish whisky.
However, it wasn’t until 2006 that the Walsh’s began to venture head-on into the world of whisky, when they signed a long-term supply agreement with Irish Distillers – the Whisky Supply Agreement - allowing for the distilling and laying down of Irish whisky stock to its specifications. This facilitated the 2007 launch of The Irishman Whisky, the first singular whisky released by Walsh, which was followed in 2009 by Writers Tears.
After seventeen years of success Bernard and Rosemary Walsh, in a joint venture with Illva Saronno, who owns the Tia Maria brand and Pat Rigney, the founder of Boru vodka, opened the Royal Oak Distillery in June 2016. In 2019, the partnership between Walsh and Illva Saronno ended, including Walsh's involvement with the Royal Oak Distillery.
- Gold - 2019 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Gold - 2018 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Single Malt - Premium
- Silver - 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Single Malt Irish Whisky
- Gold - 2018 - Jim Murray's Whisky Bible
- Silver - 2018 International Spirits Challenge
- Silver Outstanding - 2014 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Irish Whisky - Single Malt
- Gold - 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Single Malt Irish Whisky
- Gold - 2012 Meiningers International Spirits Award
Adding product to your cart