Thomson Two Tone NZ Whisky
- Blended Whisky
- New Zealand, 700ml
Two Tone refers to the two kinds of cask used for the maturation of this whisky. European oak which formerly held New Zealand red wine and American white oak used exclusively for whisky. Find sea air and caramelised fruits on the nose, followed by red berries, apricot and spice on the palate.
- Distillery: Thomson Whisky
- Type: Blended Whisky
- Region: Riverhead, Auckland, New Zealand
- Alcohol: 40.0%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
In place of an age statement the infinity symbol marking this bottling is symbolic of the marriage of casks.
Inspired by a smorgasbord of tastes and interests – ranging from music and design to history and craft beer – the partners behind Thomson Whisky started small, with ‘two barrels, a unique bottle and a business card’. They wanted to make a whisky Kiwis could be proud of, figuring that, if all else failed, they’d at least be able to drown their sorrows in style.
What started as a local story, shared with friends and bartenders, has grown into an international business. The formula for their success? Using only time-honoured methods, but with passion and creativity and a heartfelt respect for the process. Putting everything into the bottle.
- Bronze - NZ Spirits Awards
- Category Winner - 2020 World Whisky Awards - NZ Blend - No Age Statement
- Bronze - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Trophy Winner 2019 NZ Spirits Awards
- Awarded Double Gold 2019 NZ Spirits Awards
- Silver Medal Winner at the 2018 NZ Whisky Awards
- Silver Outstanding Medal Winner at the 2017 IWSC (UK)
- Gold Medal Winner at the 2016 San Francisco World Spirit Competition
Adding product to your cart