Thomson Victor Gin
- New Zealand, 700ml
Heavy botanical style craft gin. Juniper, lemon, lemongrass, cardamom and coriander – all delicious flavour tones, uniquely decipherable, that hum together with nowhere to hide.
- Distillery: Thomson Whisky
- Type: Gin
- Region: Auckland, New Zealand
- Alcohol: 42.0%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice, premium tonic, citrus and/or mint leaf garnish
Pondering early rock n’ roll, Thomson's thought, a few rudimentary instruments working together sound great – work with the basics, get some robust tones going, then turn up the volume. This stripped back approach is how they created Victor Gin.
Inspired by a smorgasbord of tastes and interests – ranging from music and design to history and craft beer – the partners behind Thomson Whisky started small, with ‘two barrels, a unique bottle and a business card’. They wanted to make a whisky Kiwis could be proud of, figuring that, if all else failed, they’d at least be able to drown their sorrows in style.
What started as a local story, shared with friends and bartenders, has grown into an international business. The formula for their success? Using only time-honoured methods, but with passion and creativity and a heartfelt respect for the process. Putting everything into the bottle.
- Silver - 2021 NZ Spirits Award
- Silver - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards
- Double Gold Medal - 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Silver Outstanding - International Wine & Spirits Competition, UK
Adding product to your cart