Vigneti del Salento I Muri Primitivo 2018
- Italy, 750ml
On the nose, a big, upfront juicy wine, with notes of cherry, raspberry and cassis. On the palate there are more of the same flavours but with a herbal and spicy edge. This aligned with a typically fresh acidity marks this wine out as a quintessentially Italian Primitivo.
- Winery: Farnese - Vigneti del Salento
- Varietal: Primitivo
- Region: Salento IGP, Puglia, Italy
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 14%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
Food pairing: Grilled meats & hamburgers; spaghetti Bolognese; pizza; mushrooms & onions; Parmesan The vineyards are mostly situated in the communes of Manduria and Sava and are owned by growers with whom Filippo has been working for many years.
Production is lower than its potential, which ensures the best quality grapes are selected. 80% of the grapes come from old bush vines and the rest from trained vines that are at least 20 years old.
Vigneti del Salento is the new solo venture in Puglia of the Farnese group. The wines are made at two wineries in the province of Taranto on the western flank of Salento. The style of wines - fresh whites, soft and generous red, will be familiar to those who buy their other wines, as winemaker Filippo Baccalaro is the driving force behind this new label. The star wines are, of course, made from native grapes like Verdeca, Negroamaro and of course, one of our most successful wines in NZ, Primitivo.
- Gold - 2019 Concours International de Lyon
- Silver - 2019 Mundus Vini
- 2017 Mundus Vini Germany GOLD Medal
- 2017 Best Italian Producer - Luca Maroni
- 2016 Best Italian Producer - Luca Maroni
- 2015 Challenge International du Vin France GOLD
- 2015 Metro Top 100 Winter Wines [2013 vintage]
- 2014 NZIWS GOLD Medal [2013 vintage]
- 2014 Luca Maroni Guide 90 points [2012 vintage]
Adding product to your cart