Writers Tears Copper Pot Whiskey
- Irish Whiskey
- Ireland, 700ml
A very drinkable Irish Whiskey that’s gently spiced with a burst of ginger and butterscotch with background notes of toasted oak. Long Elegant finish with subtle notes of milk chocolate and almonds.
- Distillery: Walsh Whiskey Distillery
- Type: Copper Pot Irish Whiskey
- Region: Carlow, Ireland
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
Writers Tears is a light, sweet Irish whiskey made using a mix of single pot still and single malt whiskeys, resulting in oodles of honey'd, fruity notes. Wonderfully easy to drink, it would make for a great introduction to Irish whiskey for folks new to the spirit.
Bernard and Rosemary Walsh created the Hot Irishman Limited in 1999, with the desire to blend and bottle the perfect Irish Coffee recipe. Expanding upon its success, in 2005 the couple attempted to rival the big Irish cream liqueur brands by creating a recipe that brought things back to basics, with The Irishman Irish Cream liqueur, made using 100% Irish dairy cream and premium Irish whiskey.
However, it wasn’t until 2006 that the Walsh’s began to venture head-on into the world of whisky, when they signed a long-term supply agreement with Irish Distillers – the Whiskey Supply Agreement - allowing for the distilling and laying down of Irish whiskey stock to its specifications. This facilitated the 2007 launch of The Irishman Whiskey, the first singular whiskey released by Walsh, which was followed in 2009 by Writers Tears.
After seventeen years of success Bernard and Rosemary Walsh, in a joint venture with Illva Saronno, who owns the Tia Maria brand and Pat Rigney, the founder of Boru vodka, opened the Royal Oak Distillery in June 2016. In 2019, the partnership between Walsh and Illva Saronno ended, including Walsh's involvement with the Royal Oak Distillery.
- Gold - 2018 Wizards of Whisky Awards - Irish Whiskey
- Winner - 2018 Wizards of Whisky Awards - Irish Single Malt Whiskey of the Year
- Winner - 2013 The Irish Whiskey Awards - Irish Blended Whiskey of the Year
- Gold - 2018 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Premium
- Gold - 2018 International Spirits Challenge - Irish Blends - Premium
- Gold - 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold - 2017 International Spirits Challenge - Irish Blends - Premium
- Silver - 2018 London Spirits Competition
- Silver - 2014 International Spirits Challenge - Irish Single Malts/Pot Stills
- 86/100 Points - 2017 Jonny McCormick, WhiskyAdvocate
Adding product to your cart