Zephyr Pinot Noir 2019
- Pinot Noir
- New Zealand, 750ml
"There’s no mistaking the power and purity of fruit in the bouquet of this wine - raspberry and dark cherry, moments of baking spices and a whisper of toast, plum, rose and red apple. On the palate - an initial silky mouth-feel gives way to a very young wine with a vibrant, tense and engaging package of textures and flavours. Ripe tannins are abundant offering poise and tension." Cameron Douglas MS
- Winery: Zephyr
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Vintage: 2019
- Alcohol: 13%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Screwcap
- Food pairing: Chicken & duck; lamb & mild sausage; tuna & salmon; mushroom risotto; mushroom & light-medium red sauces; brie & goats cheese
This Pinot Noir is hand-picked from the Rawiri and Settlement vineyards of Marlborough's Southern Valleys, and delivers pure 'pinosity' and excitement.
The Glover family were one of the first to plant grapes on their farm in Marlborough's Dillon's Point sub-region in 1988. Nineteen years later, led by eldest son Ben, the family launched Zephyr, a range of single vineyard wines from the farm. The name Zephyr means ‘a gentle breeze' - inspired by the prevailing wind that moderates their vineyards. It's also the name of the best car released by the Ford Motor Company.
Zephyr wines are made in Ben's trademark expressive style, elegant with personality. Ben has spent more than two decades making wine for some of New Zealand's top brands, earning a reputation as one of the most talented and respected winemakers in the business.
- 95/100 Points - Cameron Douglas MS
- 92/100 - 2019 Cameron Douglas, Master Sommelier (2018 vintage)
- 93/100 - James Suckling – 2019 (2018 vintage)
- 94/100 - Nick Stock, James Suckling (2017 vintage)
- 93/100 - James Suckling (2016 vintage)
- 4 Stars - Winestate (2016 vintage)
- Silver - Air New Zealand Wine Awards (2014 vintage)
- 89/100 - Cameron Douglas (2014 vintage)
Adding product to your cart