Zolla Primitivo Merlot 2018
- Primitivo Merlot
- Italy, 750ml
The dark, ripe and spicy flavours of the Primitivo complement perfectly with the aroma of black fruit, especially blackberries and chocolate of Merlot. The flavour is refined with fine spicy notes and a hint of vanilla. Overall, very full-bodied with lots of body and intense finish.
- Winery: Farnese - Vigneti del Salento
- Varietal: Primitivo 70%, Merlot 30%
- Region: Salento, Puglia, Italy
- Vintage: 2018
- Alcohol: 14%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
Food pairing: Grilled meats & hamburgers; spaghetti Bolognese; pizza; mushrooms & onions; Parmesan
Vigneti del Salento is the new solo venture in Puglia of the Farnese group. The wines are made at two wineries in the province of Taranto on the western flank of Salento.
The style of wines - fresh whites, soft and generous red, will be familiar to those who buy their other wines, as winemaker Filippo Baccalaro is the driving force behind this new label.
The star wines are, of course, made from native grapes like Verdeca, Negroamaro and of course, one of our most successful wines in NZ, Primitivo.
- 2017 Mundus Vini Berliner Wein Trophy GOLD Medal [2016 vintage]
- 2014 Luca Maroni Guide 93 points [2012 vintage]
- 2014 NZIWS Silver Medal [2012 vintage]
- 2013 Luca Maroni Guide - 91 points [2011 vintage]
- 2012 Luca Maroni Guide - GOLD 91 points [2010 vintage]
- 2011 Duemilavini 3 clusters (80-84 points) [2008 vintage]
Adding product to your cart