Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé Champagne
- France, 750ml
This beautifully distinctive salmon-pink Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé shows intense aromas of ripe red and black fruit, complemented by a hint of exotic pomegranate. Lush and lively on the palate, it lingers into a full, generous finish.
- Winery: Perrier-Jouët
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Region: Champagne, France
- Vintage: NV
- Alcohol: 12%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Food match: Lobster, shrimp, shellfish, smoked salmon, caviar, oysters, fried chicken, Brie-style cheeses, fruit-based desserts (tarts and crepes)
"Generous and charming, delivering notes of ripe peach, strawberries and pears complemented by hints of fresh bread. Medium to full-bodied, fleshy and enveloping, its sweet core of fruit is girdied by ripe acids." William Kelley
Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé was inspired by Maison Perrier-Jouët’s Blason de France prestige cuvées, which were introduced in 1955 and served in some of the world’s finest restaurants. Crafted with gastronomy in mind, its generous, complex flavours can accompany an entire meal, overturning traditional notions that rosés should be reserved for dessert.
"Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé is a rosé that defies every cliché, every stereotype. If you want to try something daring, this is the champagne for you – it will go with you all the way" Séverine Frerson, Maison Perrier-Jouët Cellar Master
Perrier-Jouët was established in 1811 by Pierre-Nicolas-Marie Perrier, adding the maiden name of his wife, Adéle Jouët, to name the house. They settled in the town of Épernay where they have vineyards in Aÿ, Avize, Cramant, Mailly and elsewhere; many are planted with Chardonnay, bringing a delicacy to the Perrier-Jouët style.
Just seven cellar masters have held the post at Perrier-Jouët in two centuries, and it is Hervé Deschamps who is the current guardian of this heritage, being cellar master since 1993. He approaches each cuvée as if it were a unique work of art, resembling an artist who paints in wine rather than oils or water colours.
- 93/100 Points - Decanter World Wine Awards
- 92/100 Points - Gilbert & Gaillard
- 92/100 Points - Falstaff
- 91/100 Points - Wine Spectator
- 91/100 Points - Guia Penin
- 88/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast
- Commended - 2021 International Wine Challenge
- Silver - 2020 International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Silver - 2020 The TEXSOM International Wine Awards
Adding product to your cart