Aalborg Taffel Akvavit
- Denmark, 700ml
This fine 'Best Aquavit in the World' is the original clear, Danish aquavit launched in 1846 by Isidor Henius. The nose is soft with a mellow citrus (orange) note complementing the caraway, hints of fennel and even cumin seed. Not surprisingly, it has a lovely caraway, citrus flavour. It's immediately recognisable as an aquavit.
- Distillery: Danske Spritfabrikker
- Type: Aquavit / Akvavit
- Region: Denmark
- Alcohol: 45%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat, sip with food, particularly pickled herring
Aalborg Taffel is a classic Aquavit, released in 1846 and was heralded as Best Aquavit in the World at the 2002 International Wine and Spirit Competition. Taffel means "table" and this is the standard bottling of aquavit for the Danish brand.
Danish Distillers (De Danske Spritfabrikker) is a company that was headquartered in Aalborg, Denmark. Isidor Henius, the father of Max Henius, was one of the founders of a company that was acquired by Danish Distillers, which ended up owning all Danish spirits production. It is owned by the Norwegian-based Arcus Group since 2012.
Arcus was created when it was demerged from the state-owned wine and liquor retailer Vinmonopolet on January 1, 1996. Arcus is the world’s largest producer of aquavit and one of the leading players within production and sale of spirits in the Nordic region.
According to Arcus, Aalborg Taffel is Denmark's most sold aquavit.
- Double Gold - 2020 The Gin Is In
- Gold - 2015 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Aquavit - Clear
- Gold - 2014 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Aquavit - Clear
- Silver Outstanding - 2013 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Aquavit - Clear
- 'Best Aquavit in the World' - 2002 International Wine and Spirit Competition
Adding product to your cart