Black Robin Rare Gin
- New Zealand, 750ml
Zippy lemongrass and lime zest zing around the sides of the tongue while the weight of the alcohol adds unctuousness to the palate, gently carrying the herbaceous and grassy botanicals through the mouth while the citrus zing slowly evaporates the body of the drink from the sides to the centre of the tongue leaving the ethereal liquorice root and star anise spices from the addition of 'Horopito'.
- Distillery: Simply Pure
- Type: Gin
- Region: New Zealand
- Alcohol: 43%
- Volume: 750ml
- Goes with: Ice, premium tonic, garnish of lemon, lime or fresh mint
Black Robin Gin has been inspired by the extremely rare and endangered Black Robin (Petrocia traversi). This gin combines traditional exotic botanicals with native New Zealand Horopito, one of the world's most ancient flowering plants.
Simply Pure was born when Peter Darroch and Phillip Clark wanted to create a new spirit brand that 'oozed pure New Zealand' to the world. With Peter's background in marketing and branding and Phillip's background in the hospitality industry, the two formed Simply Pure in 2012. Their two products are both named after rare and endangered birds. A percentage of Simply Pure's profits are donated to the Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand.
- Bronze - 2022 NZ Spirits Awards
- Double Gold - 2016 The Fifty Best, USA
- Gold - 2015 Sip Awards, USA
- Silver - 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, USA
- Gold - 2014 The Fifty Best, USA
- Silver - 2014 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, USA
Adding product to your cart