Eagle Rare 10YO Kentucky Bourbon
- USA, 700ml
This is an impressive and distinctive Kentucky bourbon. Shows complex aromas of toffee, hints of orange peel, herbs, honey, leather and oak with a bold, dry, oaky flavours with notes of candied almonds and very rich cocoa.
- Distillery: Buffalo Trace
- Type: Bourbon, Whiskey
- Region: Kentucky, USA
- Alcohol: 45%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
All the way from the legendary Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky, comes Eagle Rare 10 Year Old. A spectacular Kentucky straight Bourbon whiskey, matured for at least a decade before making its way into its distinctive bottles at 45% ABV.
Eagle Rare is a popular range of bourbons from the Buffalo Trace stable, which includes the much sought-after annual special editions.
A ‘trace’ is a wide path, beaten out by herds of buffalo. These traces were followed by explorers and early settlers who travelled to the Wild West. Buffalo Trace was named for the Great Buffalo Trace which cut its course to the banks of the Kentucky River, the buffalo forded their way across the river, eventually reaching the Great Plains. The area was rife with distillation during the eighteenth century, the water was limestone rich and the locality proffered excellent cereal growing conditions.
A distillery was built in 1857 and was the first to use steam power. During the 1880s, the distillery boasted climate controlled warehouses and was also the first to ship the product down the Mississippi river. The distillery was one of but four that continued to run during US Prohibition, legally. It was granted a permit for distillation for medicinal purposes. Once Prohibition was repealed, the facilities were managed by Albert Blanton. He was committed to his art and, accordingly, produced the best product he could. Named the George T Stagg distillery until June of 1999, at which point it was renamed Buffalo Trace, the distillery produces a range of upmarket bourbons including the acclaimed Eagle Rare and Blanton’s.
Since 1990, the distillery received more awards than any other North American Distillery; notably Malt Advocate hailed it as their 2000 Distillery of the Year and in 2005 Whisky Magazine heralded it as their Distiller of the Year. Buffalo Trace is also noteworthy for marketing the first single barrel bourbon, released in memory of Albert Blanton, who produced a single barrel whiskey to enjoy with friends.
- Master - 2020 The American Whiskey Masters (The Spirits Buiness) - Super Premium Bourbon
- Gold - 2017 International Spirits Challenge - American Whiskey
- Trophy - 2013 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Bourbon Whiskey
- Gold Outstanding - 2013 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Worldwide Bourbon Whiskey
- Gold - 2019 The American Whiskey Masters (The Spirits Buiness) - Super Premium Bourbon
- Gold Outstanding - 2019 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Bourbon Whiskey
- Gold - 2017 The American Whiskey Masters (The Spirits Business) - Bourbon Aged 8YO+
- Silver - 2020 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Small Batch Bourbon under 5YO
- Silver - 2019 International Spirits Challenge - Straight Bourbon 10YO & under
Adding product to your cart