Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin
- Dry Gin
- Australia, 700ml
Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin is crafted to deliver the best of all worlds: a perfect, classic gin and also something that would fascinate and delight even the most hardened gin fanatic. It's spicy but with great citrus, a truly modern Australian gin.
- Distillery: Four Pillars Distillery
- Type: Gin, Dry
- Region: Yarra Valley, VIC, Australia
- Alcohol: 41.8%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice, premium tonic, lemon or orange garnish
Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin captures the essence of contemporary Australia’s heritage in Europe and Asia, using whole oranges that supports the spicier botanicals like cardamom. The cinnamon and star anise add rich fruitcake tones, the Tasmanian pepperberry leaf provides warmth rather than heat, and the lemon myrtle is a beautiful alternative to lemon peel.
The Four Pillars story starts back in 2013 when the founders embarked on a tour of the US West Coast, from Portland down to San Francisco, identifying distilling techniques and equipment they admired. What stood out above all to was that all the gins they loved were made in a Carl still. 18 months later, they took delivery of their own custom-built still from Carl of Germany, and called her Wilma (after Cameron’s beautiful but explosively tempered late mother). And Wilma turned out to be amazing, drawing extraordinary botanical flavour from a combination of rare, native and traditional botanicals.
She delivers an unbelievable purity of spirit (the gin comes out of Wilma at 93.5% ABV) despite their unique approach of distilling their benchmark Rare Dry Gin with fresh, juicy biodynamic and highly-aromatic oranges. And she has now been joined by her larger sister Jude, and significantly smaller sister Eileen - both also made by Carl.
From Rare Dry Gin to Barrel Aged Gin to Navy Strength Gin to Orange Marmalade (made with the oranges that make the gin) everything the Four Pillars team does is designed to elevate the craft of distilling in Australia.
- Gold - 2020 International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Silver - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards
- Silver - 2020 The Gin Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Bronze - 2019 IWSC - Contemporary Styles - Australia
- Bronze - 2019 SF World Spirits Competition - Gin
- Silver Outstanding - 2018 IWSC - Contemporary Styles - Australia
- Silver Outstanding - 2017 IWSC - Contemporary Styles - Australia
- Double Gold - 2016 SF World Spirits Competition - Gin
Adding product to your cart