Herradura Añejo Tequila
- Añejo Tequila
- Mexico, 700ml
Cooked agave, butter, caramel, toasted oak and dried fruit with a creamy finish. On the nose, cooked agave blended with spice and floral notes. Dark amber colour drawn from the barrel.
- Distillery: Herradura
- Type: Añejo Tequila
- Region: Jalisco, Mexico
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice, premium soda, agave nectar
Aged in American white oak barrels for a total of 25 months provides its smooth, complex and prolonged notes.
Born in 1870, Casa Herradura, located at Hacienda San Jose del Refugio, is the last tequila-producing Hacienda on the planet. Within its ancient walls, they craft and estate-bottle some of the finest tequilas anyone has ever tasted. It is here that Herradura invented the first reposado and extra añejo, forever changing the world of tequila. And it is here, from the small town of Amatitàn in the heart of Mexico’s tequila region, that they continue to set the standard for what’s to come.
Blue Weber Agave flourishes in the volcanic lowland regions around Amatitián region and produces an herbaceous, complex flavour. Once mature, agave plants are carefully harvested and trimmed down to their cores, or piñas. The cooking of the agave is a critical part of creating Tequila Herradura. Distilled twice, the Casa Herradura utilizes a 100% natural fermentation process. Over 16 different species of fruit trees provide the different strains of yeast that make the Tequila Herradura flavor profiles so unique. Tequila Herradura is barrel-aged from 45 days to 49 months in 55 gallon charred American White Oak barrels to create a robust flavor profile.
To reduce their environmental footprint, sustainable practices are integrated into every facet of the production process, from minimizing waste and purifying water to maximizing energy efficiency.
- Silver - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Botanical & Other Spirits
- Best Anejo - 2019 World Tequila Awards - Anejo
- Bronze - 2018 International Wine & Spirits competition - Tequila - Anejo - 100% Agave
- Silver - 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Anejo
- Silver Outstanding - 2017 International Wine & Spirits competition - Tequila - Anejo - 100% Agave
- Silver - 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Anejo
- Silver - 2016 International Wine & Spirits competition - Tequila - Anejo - 100% Agave
- Silver - 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Tequila - Anejo
Adding product to your cart