Herradura Plata Tequila
- Mexico, 700ml
Sweet, woody flavour with a smooth and refreshing finish. On the nose, full of fruit and cooked agave with vanilla and wood notes from barrel-aging.
- Distillery: Herradura
- Type: Tequila, Blanco (aka Plata)
- Region: Jalisco, Mexico
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice, premium soda, agave nectar
Barrel aged for 45 days beyond industry standards for an unmatched, smooth and refreshing taste.
Born in 1870, Casa Herradura, located at Hacienda San Jose del Refugio, is the last tequila-producing Hacienda on the planet. Within its ancient walls, they craft and estate-bottle some of the finest tequilas anyone has ever tasted. It is here that Herradura invented the first reposado and extra añejo, forever changing the world of tequila. And it is here, from the small town of Amatitàn in the heart of Mexico’s tequila region, that they continue to set the standard for what’s to come.
Blue Weber Agave flourishes in the volcanic lowland regions around Amatitián region and produces an herbaceous, complex flavour. Once mature, agave plants are carefully harvested and trimmed down to their cores, or piñas. The cooking of the agave is a critical part of creating Tequila Herradura. Distilled twice, the Casa Herradura utilizes a 100% natural fermentation process. Over 16 different species of fruit trees provide the different strains of yeast that make the Tequila Herradura flavor profiles so unique. Tequila Herradura is barrel-aged from 45 days to 49 months in 55 gallon charred American White Oak barrels to create a robust flavor profile.
To reduce their environmental footprint, sustainable practices are integrated into every facet of the production process, from minimizing waste and purifying water to maximizing energy efficiency.
- Silver - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Botanical & Other Spirits
- Gold - 2019 World Tequila Awards - Blanco
- Silver - 2018 International Wine & Spirits competition - Tequila - Blanco - 100% Agave
- Bronze - 2018 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Blanco
- Silver - 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Blanco
- Bronze - 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Blanco
Adding product to your cart