Herradura Seleccion Suprema Tequila
- Añejo Tequila
- Mexico, 700ml
This ultra-premium extra añejo possesses a very dark amber colour, showing its length of barrel aging. Full body, thick, creamy and silky. Make a great waist which slips long legs. Delicate smell of boiled agave, a dried wood presence with cinnamon, rose lips and a vanilla touch. The taste confirms the boiled agave and the smooth wooden texture. Creamy to the palate and very subtle when swallowed. Very elegant.
- Distillery: Distillery Tequila Herradura
- Type: Extra Añejo Tequila
- Region: Jalisco, Mexico
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 750ml
- Goes with: Ice, premium soda, agave nectar
This Seleccion Suprema Tequila is Herradura's most premium ultra-rested tequila and is made from 100% estate-grown blue weber agave, harvested 10 years after planting. The tequila spends its time in imported White American Oak barrels for 49 months. It's produced at Casa Herradura which is located in Amatitán and part of Jalisco's Tequila Valley (lowlands).
Born in 1870, Casa Herradura, located at Hacienda San Jose del Refugio, is the last tequila-producing Hacienda on the planet. Within its ancient walls, they craft and estate-bottle some of the finest tequilas anyone has ever tasted. It is here that Herradura invented the first reposado and extra añejo, forever changing the world of tequila. And it is here, from the small town of Amatitàn in the heart of Mexico’s tequila region, that they continue to set the standard for what’s to come.
Blue Weber Agave flourishes in the volcanic lowland regions around Amatitián region and produces an herbaceous, complex flavour. Once mature, agave plants are carefully harvested and trimmed down to their cores, or piñas. The cooking of the agave is a critical part of creating Tequila Herradura. Distilled twice, the Casa Herradura utilizes a 100% natural fermentation process. Over 16 different species of fruit trees provide the different strains of yeast that make the Tequila Herradura flavor profiles so unique. Tequila Herradura is barrel-aged from 45 days to 49 months in 55 gallon charred American White Oak barrels to create a robust flavor profile.
To reduce their environmental footprint, sustainable practices are integrated into every facet of the production process, from minimizing waste and purifying water to maximizing energy efficiency.
- Winner - 2019 World Tequila Awards - Best Extra Añejo Category
- 91/100 Points & Highly Recommended - 2019 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- 97/100 Points - Beverage Testing Institute
- Gold - 2014 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 94/100 Points - 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge
- 97/100 Points - 2013 Beverage Testing Institute
- Gold - 2010 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Gold - 2009 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Double Gold - 2005 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 93/100 Points - Wine Enthusiast
- Double Gold - 2004 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Adding product to your cart