La Hechicera Fine Aged Rum
- Dark Rum
- Columbia, 700ml
On the nose, deep woodiness with characterful notes of things Colombian; a heady scent of toffee and orange peel on the nose followed by a bold burst of flavour on the palate with distinctive notes of tobacco and roasted coffee. Is ending is crisp and smooth.
- Type: Dark Rum
- Region: Columbia
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice
La Hechicera is Spanish for "the enchantress"... This rum was made in Colombia and is Solera-aged rum aged for between 12 and 21 years in bourbon barrels.
La Hechicera comes from Colombia, the most bio-diverse nation on Earth per square kilometre.
For three generations, the Riascos family have been creating fine rums in Colombia for over two decades with uncompromising dedication to quality and taste. Travelling around the Caribbean sourcing the finest raw spirits, finding the richest casks, attracting the most talented master blenders, the family has created a signature style with a very peculiar history.
At the heart of Barranquilla, nestled between the long-winding Magdalena River and the Caribbean Sea, is an unassuming little bodega that has been ageing and blending the best rum in Colombia for over twenty years. It is an oasis of silence in the midst of a bustling city where our barrels rest under the watchful eye of the Maestro Ronero.
La Hechicera is the result a labour intensive process that not only demands knowledge and craft, but also a good deal of intuition. An intuition the Master Blender has honed with the holistic understanding of the barrel, atmosphere, spirit and time. Giraldo Mituoka Kagana started his career cutting sugar cane for the Cuban revolution and has, since then, been perfecting his knowledge of sugar and its distillates in order to become Master Blender.
La Hechicera is a naturally ‘unpolished’ rum, which means it has not been rounded up with additives or sugar, its smoothness and flavour are the result of the noble wood it is aged in. This is the traditional way of making rum that does not require any polishing or ‘finishing’, any additive would only opaque its innate brilliance.
- Master - 2020 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Dark Rum - Ultra Premium
- Bronze - 2020 World Rum Awards - Column Still Rum
- Gold - 2019 The Travel Retail Masters (The Spirits Business) - Rum
- Gold - 2019 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Dark Rum - Ultra Premium
- Master - 2015 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Gold Rum over 12YO
- Gold - 2015 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Super-Premium
- Winner - 2014 World Rum Awards - World's Best Rum Design
- Gold - 2014 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Super-Premium
- Runner-Up - 2014 World Rum Awards - World's Best Gold Rum
- Gold - 2014 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Gold Rum over 12YO
- Master - 2013 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Super-Premium
- Master - 2013 The Rum Masters (The Spirits Business) - Gold Rum over 12YO
Adding product to your cart