Sandeman Porto Tawny 10 Years Old
- Tawny Port
- Portugal, 750ml
This Sandeman Porto Tawny 10 Years Old is an elegant, flavoursome port wine. Intense red tawny in colour with shades of brick typical of this style of aged Port Wine. Elegant and complex aromas combining ripe fruit, jam and nuts with hints of vanilla and raisins. On the palate, full-flavoured and full-bodied with intense prune, dried fig and toasted almonds. An appealing and persistent finish.
- Winery: Sandeman
- Type: Tawny
- Region: Douro Valley, Portugal
- Aging: 10 years
- Alcohol: 20%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Food match: Blue cheeses (Stilton, Roquefort, Gorgonzola), well-aged, powerful cheddar, camembert; walnuts & almonds; red grapes, dried red & black fruit; dark chocolate & chocolate truffles, crème brûlée
Sandeman Porto Tawny 10 Years Old is a vibrant premium aged wine, where the balance of ripe fruit and oak aged intensity, highlight Sandemans quality.
Produced by the traditional Porto Wine method and aged in Sandemans centuries-old lodges in oak wood casks, exactly as required by the Porto Wine traditional ageing system. Throughout the years the wines selected for Sandeman 10 Year Old Port are carefully tasted and analysed. The final blend results from a selection of wines between 9 and 12 years of age, composed to maintain the consistency and character of this particular style.
For 225 years, Sandeman has handed down expertise from generation to generation to maintain the excellence of their wines, appreciated around the world for their quality and taste, mystery and seduction. Sandeman continues to renew itself and deepining its commitment to combine tradition with the quality and superior class of its wines. As a worldwide superbrand, their wines are distributed in more than 75 markets, and is the #1 leading brand in countries like Belgium, Italy, the USA, Switzerland, Ireland, Germany & Japan. Today, more than 200 years after the founder's creative impulse, an average of 21 bottles of Sandeman are bought worldwide every minute.
George Sandeman is the 7th generation of the Sandeman family, and the current Chairman of The House of Sandeman, since 1991 after his father David's retirement. A true Porto expert, he enjoys the Founders Reserve with artesian cheese or sweets like pecan pie, tiramisu or dark chocolate, or simply chilled on the rocks.
- Silver - 2021 International Wine and Spirit Competition
- 90/100 Points - James Molesworth, Wine Spectator
- 90/100 Points - Roger Voss, Wine Enthusiast
- Gold - 2019 Mundus Vini, Germany
- Silver - 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2019 International Wine Challenge, UK
- Gold - 2018 Mundus Vini, Germany
- Silver - 2018 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2018 International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Silver - 2018 International Wine Challenge, UK
- Gold - 2017 Mundus Vini, Germany
- Silver Outstanding - 2017 International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Silver - 2017 Decanter World Wine Awards
- 94/100 Points - Richard Mayson, Decanter
- Silver - 2016 International Wine Challenge, UK
- Silver - 2016 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2016 International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Gold - 2015 Mundus Vini, Germany
Adding product to your cart