Taittinger Brut Reserve Champagne NV
- France, 750ml
A lovely golden yellow colour with fine bubbles. The nose, very open and expressive, delivers aromas of fruit and brioche with hints of peaches, white flowers and vanilla. The entry onto the palate is lively, fresh and in total harmony. This is a delicate wine with flavours of fresh fruit and honey.
- Winery: Taittinger
- Varietal: 40% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir, 25% Pinot Meunier
- Region: Champagne, France
- Vintage: NV
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Contains sulphites
- Food match: Lobster, shrimp, shellfish, smoked salmon, caviar, oysters, fried chicken, Brie-style cheeses, fruit-based desserts (tarts and crepes)
Taittinger Brut Réserve is a blend of Chardonnay (40%), Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier (60%) wines from over 35 different vineyards and vintages matured to perfection. This high proportion of Chardonnay, unique among fine non- vintage champagnes, and a minimum ageing of three years in the cellars, where it reaches the peak of aromatic maturity, makes Taittinger Brut Réserve a delicately balanced champagne, known for its consistently excellent quality all over the world. Taittinger considers it an honour to produce a Brut champagne every year without exception.
The Soul of a Family Business - The Taittinger family has managed the Champagne House for nearly a century. Its aim has always been the pursuit of excellence. “Having our family name on a bottle places demands and responsibilities on every minute. The name on the bottle conveys both the skills and knowledge of the past and a commitment to the future”. Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger has embodied this commitment for 40 years, and today he shares it with his son, Clovis and his daughter, Vitalie who both work beside him in the day to day running of the Champagne House. Together, they create a very close-knit and complementary family trio.
Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger is a fervent ambassador for the Champagne region and its history and influence. He is not interested in accolades or power. As he puts it: “We cultivate vines, not egos at Taittinger”. A determined connoisseur, hedonist and humanist, Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger successfully bought back his family’s business from the Starwood Group following their buy out of the business the year before. Winning back the business was an act of duty, carried out in the spirit of family pride. He is surrounded by a young, passionate group of professionals, who work closely with one another as guardians of Taittinger and all that it represents and inspires.
A Legacy, The Destiny of a Dynasty - The vitality and reach of the Taittinger brand is based on the values of those who embody it today. These values are inherited from those who created the Champagne House. Over three generations, a number of people have left their mark on the history, spirit and style of Taittinger and, beyond that, on the image of Champagne itself. Vision, inspiration, strategy, development and influence have all contributed to permanently shaping the destiny of the family and the reputation of the Champagne House.
- 5 Stars & No. 2 - 2019 Cuisine Magazine
- Gold - International Wine Challenge
- 5 Stars - 2018 Cuisine, Champagne Tasting
- 93/100 Points - Tyson Stelzer, The Champagne Guide 2014-2015
- Gold - Champagne Masters
- 90/100 Points - 2015 Wine Spectator
- 5 Stars & Top Ten (No.2) - 2012 Cuisine, Champagne Tasting
- Gold - 2019 Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- Recommended - 2016 Gourmet Traveller Wine, 19 Top-Rated Wines with Matching Seafood
- Top 10 & 4.5 Stars - 2014 Cuisine,Champagne Tasting
- 4 Stars - 2015 Cuisine Magazine, Champagne Tasting
- Silver - 2014 Sommelier Wine Awards
Adding product to your cart