Taittinger Prestige Rosé Champagne
- Rosé Champagne
- France, 750ml
This stunning champagne is remarkably vibrant and sophisticated. Its taste reveals a subtle balance between the freshness and structure of the ever-present red fruit, making it full-bodied and smooth. Its strong character is also shown in its delightfully unique, intense, shimmering colour. A superbly blended rosé.
- Winery: Taittinger
- Varietal: 70% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay
- Region: Champagne, France
- Vintage: NV
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Volume: 750ml
- Closure: Cork
- Other: Contains sulphites
- Food match: Smoked salmon, shrimp, crab cakes, duck, cured meats, red fruits
The Taittinger Prestige Rosé cuvee stands out instantly with its intense, shimmering colour; the secret of which lies in its composition and delicate formulation. Around 15% of the blend is in fact still red wine from the best Pinots Noirs of the Montagne de Reims, giving this cuvee its unique colour and its sweet intense taste. The high proportion of Chardonnay (30%) completes the blend and creates the elegance and sophistication expected from a champagne by Taittinger. The nose is strong and expressive, characterised by the aroma of freshly crushed wild strawberries, cherries and blackcurrants. The addition of its delicate bubbles brings four words to mind: vibrancy, fruitiness, freshness and acidity - characteristics which only a great rosé blend can offer.
The Soul of a Family Business - The Taittinger family has managed the Champagne House for nearly a century. Its aim has always been the pursuit of excellence. “Having our family name on a bottle places demands and responsibilities on every minute. The name on the bottle conveys both the skills and knowledge of the past and a commitment to the future”. Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger has embodied this commitment for 40 years, and today he shares it with his son, Clovis and his daughter, Vitalie who both work beside him in the day to day running of the Champagne House. Together, they create a very close-knit and complementary family trio.
Pierre-Emmanuel Taittinger is a fervent ambassador for the Champagne region and its history and influence. He is not interested in accolades or power. As he puts it: “We cultivate vines, not egos at Taittinger”. A determined connoisseur, hedonist and humanist, Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger successfully bought back his family’s business from the Starwood Group following their buy out of the business the year before. Winning back the business was an act of duty, carried out in the spirit of family pride. He is surrounded by a young, passionate group of professionals, who work closely with one another as guardians of Taittinger and all that it represents and inspires.
A Legacy, The Destiny of a Dynasty - The vitality and reach of the Taittinger brand is based on the values of those who embody it today. These values are inherited from those who created the Champagne House. Over three generations, a number of people have left their mark on the history, spirit and style of Taittinger and, beyond that, on the image of Champagne itself. Vision, inspiration, strategy, development and influence have all contributed to permanently shaping the destiny of the family and the reputation of the Champagne House.
- Silver - 2020 Decanter World Wine Awards
- 90/100 Points - James Suckling
- Commended - 2020 Sommelier Wine Awards
- Bronze - 2020 International Wine Challenge
- Bronze - 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Commended - 2019 Sommelier Wine Awards
- Bronze - 2019 International Wine Challenge
- Bronze - 2018 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2018 International Wine Challenge
- Bronze - 2013 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Commended - 2013 International Wine Challenge
- Bronze - 2012 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2012 International Wine Challenge
- Bronze - 2011 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Commended - 2011 International Wine Challenge
- Silver - 2010 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Commended - 2010 International Wine Challenge
- Silver - 2009 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Silver - 2009 International Wine Challenge
Adding product to your cart