Teeling Irish Single Malt Whiskey
- Single Malt
- Ireland, 700ml
An elegant expression, this. Well placed fruit, backed up with cinnamon and white pepper. A touch of dried flower petals along the way. On the nose, intense white grape juiciness on the nose, joined by fresh malt and Rolos, developing into white chocolate the longer it's in the glass.
- Type: Irish Single Malt Whiskey
- Region: Dublin, Ireland
- Alcohol: 46%
- Volume: 700ml
Goes with: Ice
Made with Irish Whiskeys distilled from 100% malted barley, matured and finished in casks that impart the influence of five wine casks (Sherry, Port, Madeira, White Burgundy, Cabernet Sauvignon).
While the Teeling Distillery of today was officially opened in 2015, the brand’s history in Irish whisky actually stretches back to 1782, when a chap called Walter Teeling set up a distillery in the Liberties area of Dublin. Fast-forward to the present (not forgetting the era when John Teeling owned the Cooley Distillery, before selling it to Beam in 2011) and the Teelings are again at the forefront of Irish distilling. Identifying as a ‘progressive’ distillery, the team, led by Jack Teeling, his brother Stephen, and master distiller Alex Chasko, are leading the Irish whisky innovation charge. From the ‘re-imagined’ Dublin porter recipes and proprietary fermentation techniques used to create the Teeling wash to the three different stills in operation, the team pushes what’s possible in Irish whisky-making to create delicious drinks. This pioneering attitude is underscored by the fact that a whopping 25% of annual production is dedicated to whisky experiments. Exciting stuff.
- Gold - 2020 The Irish Whiskey Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Single Malt - Standard
- Bronze - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Silver - 2020 International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Gold - 2019 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Single Malt - Premium
- Gold - 2017 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Single Malt - Premium
- Gold - 2016 World Whisky Awards - Irish Single Malt No Age Statement
- Silver - 2016 International Wine & Spirits competition
- Winner - 2015 World Whisky Awards - Best Irish Single Malt
- Silver - 2015 International Wine & Spirits competition
- Gold - 2015 Wizards of Whisky Awards - Single Malts
Adding product to your cart