The Dalmore 12YO Scotch Whisky
- Single Malt
- Scotland, 700ml
Notes of Seville marmalade and triple sec with winter spices and fruitcake. Zesty cocoa and milk chocolate. On the nose, roasting beans, the oily nuttiness in a fine espresso, there are little notes of malt and cereal and butter from the pastry counter with rich orange from the fruit bowl on the counter.
- Distillery: Dalmore
- Type: Single Malt Whisky
- Region: Alness, Highland, Scotland
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Ice
An outstanding single malt matured in American white oak ex-bourbon casks and finessed in rare and aged oloroso sherry casks.
Dalmore might just be the most legendary distillery in the world, when it comes to creating stunning whisky with real provenance. Even the distillery itself looks incredible, as it overlooks the Cromarty Firth - an estuary from whose banks rise impressive slopes specked with green thicket and wooded copse.
The classic 12 and 15 year old have long been a mainstay for lovers of rich highland whisky, and the master blender, Richard Paterson, is one of the industry’s best loved celebrities. As well as working at Dalmore, Richard blends for Isle of Jura as well as Whyte and Mackay. Not one to shy from experimentation, he makes use of varying barley strains and age old vintages, which he blends with all the talent of a modern day alchemist.
Dalmore was founded by Alexander Matheson in 1839 and now stands as Whyte and Mackay’s largest distillery as well as being the flagship for the brand. With four pairs of stills, Dalmore has a capacity of 4.2 million litres per annum and operates at near capacity, but still retains its quality and character.
- Silver - NZ Spirits Awards
- Bronze - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Silver - 2019 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Double Gold - 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Single Malt Scotch
- Bronze - 2017 World Whisky Awards - Scotch Highland Single Malt
- Silver - 2017 International Wine & Spirits competition - Scotch - Single Malt - Highland - 12-13YO
- Gold - 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Single Malt Scotch
- Bronze - 2016 World Whisky Awards - Scotch Highland Single Malt
- Silver - 2014 World Whisky Awards - Scotch Highland Single Malt
Adding product to your cart