Thomson Manuka Smoke Whisky
- Single Malt
- New Zealand, 700ml
Made from 100% New Zealand grown malted barley, smoked using Manuka wood, and distilled through a hand-beaten copper pot still, it’s Thomson's Manuka Smoke release in its youth.
This ‘work in progress’ bottling offers natural smoke, cinnamon, clove, and Manuka oils.
- Type: Whisky, Manuka Smoke Single Malt
- Region: Riverhead, Auckland, New Zealand
- Alcohol: 46.0%
- Volume: 700ml
Goes with: Neat or over ice
Inspired by a smorgasbord of tastes and interests – ranging from music and design to history and craft beer – the partners behind Thomson Whisky started small, with ‘two barrels, a unique bottle, and a business card’. They wanted to make a whisky Kiwis could be proud of, figuring that, if all else failed, they’d at least be able to drown their sorrows in style.
What started as a local story, shared with friends and bartenders, has grown into an international business. The formula for their success? Using only time-honoured methods, but with passion and creativity and a heartfelt respect for the process. Putting everything into the bottle.
- Bronze - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Best New Zealand Single Malt at the 2019 World Whiskies Awards
- Silver Medal Winner at the 2018 New Zealand Whisky Awards Silver
- Outstanding Medal winner at the 2017 IWSC (UK)
- Gold Medal Winner at the 2016 San Francisco World Spirit Competition
Adding product to your cart