Thomson South Island Peated Whisky
- Single Malt
- New Zealand, 700ml
Made from 100% New Zealand grown malted barley, smoked using South Island Peat, and distilled through a copper pot still, it’s Thomson's Peated release in its youth. Touches of smoke and sweet vanilla.
- Type: Peated Single Malt Whisky
- Region: Riverhead, Auckland, New Zealand
- Alcohol: 46.0%
- Volume: 700ml
Goes with: Neat or over ice
No chill filtering or colouring added.
Inspired by a smorgasbord of tastes and interests – ranging from music and design to history and craft beer – the partners behind Thomson Whisky started small, with ‘two barrels, a unique bottle, and a business card’. They wanted to make a whisky Kiwis could be proud of, figuring that, if all else failed, they’d at least be able to drown their sorrows in style.
What started as a local story, shared with friends and bartenders, has grown into an international business. The formula for their success? Using only time-honoured methods, but with passion and creativity and a heartfelt respect for the process. Putting everything into the bottle.
- Silver - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Trophy Winner - 2020 NZ Spirits Awards - Whisky
- Bronze Medal Winner at the 2019 New Zealand Spirits Awards
- Bronze Medal Winner at the 2018 New Zealand Whisky Awards
- Silver Outstanding Medal Winner at the 2017 IWSC (UK)
- Gold Medal Winner at the 2016 San Francisco World Spirit Competition
Adding product to your cart