Tullamore DEW 12YO Special Reserve
- Irish Whiskey
- Ireland, 700ml
On the nose, early spice followed by red wine while a nice nuttiness follows before a light woody note brought on from 12 years spent in oak casks. A deep spice flavour with a robust yet creamy body cloaked in a definite chocolaty note. Dried fruits and nut accompany the chocolate, giving a veritable praline note in the taste. The finish is long and rich with some citrus, chocolate, raisins and marzipan all lingering.
- Distillery: Tullamore D.E.W.
- Type: Irish Whiskey
- Region: Ireland
- Alcohol: 40%
- Volume: 700ml
- Goes with: Neat or over ice
This Tullamore DEW 12YO Special Reserve is a triple distilled blend of all three types of Irish whiskey. It has a high proportion of pot still and malt whiskeys, matured in a combination of bourbon and sherry casks, for 12 to 15 years. A very fine aged whiskey with great complexity.
Tullamore D.E.W. is the original triple distilled, triple blend whiskey. Known the world over for its smooth and gentle complexity. Tullamore D.E.W. is named after Daniel E. Williams, the man who decided that true craft could only come from the True Character and insisted that his whiskey was made accordingly.
Daniel E. Williams - the creator of Tullamore D.E.W. A self-made man who worked his way up from a stable boy of the distillery to become the owner: he brought electricity, and motorised automobiles to Tullamore and created a whiskey so distinctive and character-filled, it could only be stamped with his initials D.E.W.
Desmond Williams - the grandson of Daniel E. Williams, Desmond inherited his grandfather's grit and determination. He followed his innovative footsteps by revolutionising the whiskey industry and introducing Ireland's first blended whiskey.
After 60 years of waiting in September 2014 Tullamore D.E.W. resumed production in its ancestral home of Tullamore, Co Offaly. Tullamore's new state-of-art distillery will ensure the legacy of our legendary whiskey will live on in the heart of Ireland for the foreseeable future.
- Master - 2017 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Super-Premium
- Master - 2014 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Premium
- Master - 2013 The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business) - Irish Blended - Premium
- Double Gold - 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition - Blended Irish Whiskey
- Gold Outstanding - 2013 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Irish Whiskey - Deluxe Blend
- Gold - 2014 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Irish Whiskey - Deluxe Blend
- Silver - 2019 International Wine & Spirit Competition - Irish Whiskey - Deluxe Blend
Adding product to your cart